History & Beliefs
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear."
I Peter 3:15
In the late 1970s, there was a need to make available more scripturally sound and scientifically accurate materials in the field of Christian apologetics. The idea for Apologetics Press was born—an idea that soon became a reality. The necessary legal steps then were taken to allow the work to be recognized as non-profit and tax-exempt by both State and Federal governments. In 1985, Apologetics Press moved into its own custom-built, 11,000-square-foot building that was debt free upon completion. Financial records are managed by certified public accountants, who also submit to the appropriate agencies all documentation required by State and Federal law.
Currently, Dr. Dave Miller serves as the Executive Director. Dr. Miller, Kyle Butt, Eric Lyons, and Dr. Jeff Miller compose the fulltime professional writing staff, assisted by an auxiliary staff of scientists and other writers including Dr. Joe Deweese, Dr. Jerry Fausz, Dr. Michael Houts, Dr. Branyon May, Dr. Justin Rogers, Dr. Dewayne Bryant, James Spencer, Dr. Caleb Colley, Kevin Cain, Dr. Earl Edwards, Robert C. Veil, Jr., Melvin Otey, Daniel Stearsman, and Matt Vega. A.P. also has an excellent office support staff that includes secretaries, a production administrator, a graphics-design artist, and a general manager.
What We Believe
The following principles of truth are accepted by those who actively participate in the work at Apologetics Press:
- Faith in God and the Bible must be based on evidence, and not blindly accepted (1 Thessalonians 5:21; Acts 17:11; 1 John 4:1; John 8:32).
- God exists, and man can know that God exists, by means of His manifold revelations, both in nature and through the inspired Word of God, the Holy Bible.
- The Bible depicts Deity as singular, i.e., there is one and only one divine essence or Being (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5; James 2:19). However, the Bible also clearly depicts God as a triune Being—three distinct persons within the one essence—with a triune nature (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14). Each person of the Godhead (the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit) is fully Divine.
- The entire material Universe was specially created by this almighty God in six days of approximately 24-hours each, as revealed in Genesis 1 and Exodus 20:11.
- Both biblical and scientific evidence indicate (a) a relatively young Earth, in contrast to evolutionary and old Earth views of a multi-billion-year age for the Earth, and (b) that many of the Earth’s features must be viewed in light of the universal, catastrophic flood of Noah’s day (as described in Genesis 6-8).
- Christianity is the one true religion (John 14:6), and Jesus Christ is the only divine, resurrected Son of God and Savior of the world (1 John 4:14).
- The 66 books of the Bible are fully and verbally inspired of God, and have been transmitted faithfully; hence, they are inerrant and authoritative, and a complete guide for moral and religious conduct.
- Salvation is a free, gracious, unmerited gift from God which mankind can receive by confessing faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God (Romans 10:9-10), repenting of sin (Acts 26:20), and being immersed in water for the remission of past sins (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38).
- Those enjoying salvation are (a) members of the one, true, undenominational church (described in the New Testament), which is the body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23; 4:4), and (b) those who are living faithfully in service to God (Revelation 2:10).
- At some unknown point in the future (Matthew 24:36), Jesus will be “revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2 Thessalonians 1:7-8), while the righteous will be given “eternal life” in heaven (Matthew 25:46).