What We Believe
From Issue: R&R – June 2017
- Faith in God and the Bible must be based on evidence, and not blindly accepted (1 Thessalonians 5:21; Acts 17:11; 1 John 4:1; John 8:32).
- God exists, and man can know that God exists, by means of His manifold revelations, both in nature and through the inspired Word of God, the Holy Bible.
- The Bible depicts Deity as singular, i.e., there is one and only one divine essence or Being (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5; James 2:19). However, the Bible also clearly depicts God as a triune Being—three distinct persons within the one essence—with a triune nature (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14). Each person of the Godhead (the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit) is fully Divine.
- The entire material Universe was specially created by this almighty God in six days of approximately 24-hours each, as revealed in Genesis 1 and Exodus 20:11.
- Both biblical and scientific evidence indicate (a) a relatively young Earth, in contrast to evolutionary and old Earth views of a multi-billion-year age for the Earth, and (b) that many of the Earth’s features must be viewed in light of the universal, catastrophic flood of Noah’s day (as described in Genesis 6-8).
- Christianity is the one true religion (John 14:6), and Jesus Christ is the only divine, resurrected Son of God and Savior of the world (1 John 4:14).
- The 66 books of the Bible are fully and verbally inspired of God, and have been transmitted faithfully; hence, they are inerrant and authoritative, and a complete guide for moral and religious conduct.
- Salvation is a free, gracious, unmerited gift from God which mankind can receive by confessing faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God (Romans 10:9-10), repenting of sin (Acts 26:20), and being immersed in water for the remission of past sins (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38).
- Those enjoying salvation are (a) members of the one, true, undenominational church (described in the New Testament), which is the body of Christ (Ephesians 2:22-23; 4:4), and (b) those who are living faithfully in service to God (Revelation 2:10).
- At some unknown point in the future (Matthew 24:36), Jesus will be “revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ” (2 Thessalonians 1:7-8), while the righteous will be given “eternal life” in heaven (Matthew 25:46).
REPRODUCTION & DISCLAIMERS: We are happy to grant permission for this article to be reproduced in part or in its entirety, as long as our stipulations are observed.